North America 2010
Connectathon Managers' Resources for Implementers
This page is maintained by the Connectathon Managers (Moore, Felhofer). If your company has signed you up to participate in the North American Connectathon in January, you should bookmark this page and come back often.
- ensure you get Connectathon-related announcements by registering for the NA2010 Connectathon google group: http://groups.google.com/group/ihe-north-america-connectathon-2010
- read the resource documents on http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon_2010_participants.cfm :
- the timeline with deadlines for your calendar
- Connectathon rules
- Connectathon fact sheet for participants
After that, the resources you need to succeed at the Connectathon are found below. Good luck, and ask us questions if you need help. -- Steve and Lynn
June-Aug 2009: Webinar Training Series
IHE presented its annual series of free Web teleconference sessions for vendors preparing to take part in IHE Connectathons and Interoperability Showcases in 2010 and others interested in the IHE testing process and interoperability specifications, or IHE Profiles, developed in ten active IHE domains.
Details and archives of these webinars are found here: http://www.ihe.net/Events/webinars2009.cfm
Sep 2009: Connectathon Registration
Registration closed September 30, 2009 on: http://ihe-kudu.wustl.edu/na2010/
Here are some registration hints for first-time EHR participants: http://ihewiki.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/Connectathon_Registration_Advice
What's New for 2009-2010
This section is for returning participants who need a quick overview of what has changed from last year. New readers may also find this information helpful.
- Changes in Integration Profiles for Testing at NA 2010
- Changes in Testing Process
List of Integration Profiles Offered for Testing
Thorough / Supportive Testing
- The policy for Thorough vs. Supportive testing is described in the Connectathon Policy and Guidelines document available on http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon_2010_participants.cfm.
- By default, vendors do Thorough testing for the profiles/actors registered for. If you want to request Supportive testing, you should consult the supportive testing spreadsheet: Media:Supportive_thorough_testing-2010.xls It lists the profiles to be tested and the procedure for requesting Supportive Testing. After 1-Nov-2009, you can no longer request Supportive testing.
First-time Participant Interviews
Telephone interviews are conducted with the engineering representative(s) of your Connectathon test system. A 15 minute telephone interview with the Connectathon Technical Project Managers (Moore, Felhofer, Furst) is a requirement for all participants who have not participated in a previous Connectathon. Returning participants may also request a phone interview. The interview form is in the Reference Documents section of: http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon_2010_participants.cfm
Drop/Add 7-Oct-2009 thru 14-Oct-2009
After the close of registration (now), we allow one week for Showcase/HITSP folks to review registration and add/drop actor/profile pairs. Consult with the Showcase and HITSP management to see if there are any actor/profile pairs you want to add or drop.
- If there are IHE actor/profile pairs, complete this form Media:registration-drop-add-form-2009-1.xls and email it to the Connectathon Manager who handled your interview.
- If you need to modify HITSP registration, send the form to the HITSP management team. IHE Managers will not add/subtract HITSP data. HITSP Managers will not add/subtract IHE data.
- After the one week drop/add period, you can still drop actor/profile pairs. Send us an email, and we will remove them from your registration.
- After the one week drop/add period, you CANNOT add actor/profile pairs. Other participants have made plans based on the commitments at the close of registration and redirected resources. You will not be allowed to add things late in the game. Review and ask questions now.
- Deadline for submission (meaning, deadline to ADD) is 14-Oct-2009
Sep-Nov 2009: Implementation & Pre-connectathon testing
Requirements Documents for Implementers
- The page Summary of IHE Technical Requirements lists the set of IHE documents that should be consulted. The Connectathon relies on requirements defined in the IHE Technical Frameworks. For some profiles, those requirements are contained in more than one document. This occurs because we have final text from prior years and then supplements and Change Proposals for the current year. Use this page as a pointer to the relevant documentation for each profile.
Pre-Connnectathon (MESA) Testing
Each system participating in a Connectathon is required to run a set of pre-Connectathon tests, based on the actors/profiles you registered for, and upload the test results into the connectathon webtool Kudu: http://ihe-kudu.wustl.edu/na2010/. First find out which tests are required for your system, then download the tools and documentation you need.
- Pre-Connectathon Test Requirements
- Requirements for your connectathon test system: see kudu under MESA Tests-->Log Return
- Requirements per Profile: see kudu under MESA Tests-->Test Requirement
- Pre-Connectathon Test Tools and Documentation
- Navigating MESA Software: How Do I Find What I Need?
- Not All Profiles Have Complete MESA Tests, What Do I Do?
- MESA Test Documentation for Test Cases by Actor
- General Link to MESA Software (Binary, Installation Manuals, other documentation
- XDS Test - Main Page (NIST, Bill Majurski page)
- Pre-Connectathon Samples (images, reports, CDA documents): see kudu under MESA Tests-->Pre-Connectathon Images...Objects
- Internet MESA tools for testing TLS connections and PIX & PDQ queries
ATNA profile testing policy for NA2010 Connectathon
This policy, prompted by a newly-approved Change Proposal to the ATNA profile, applies to all systems testing as an ATNA Secure Node, Secure Application or Audit Record Repository actor: ATNA_Testing_Policy_NA2010.doc (Revised 2009.12.08)
Detailed Testing Notes on ATNA Profile for NA 2010
In addition to the policy above, there are some practical matters for ATNA testing. Please read ATNA Testing NA 2010
Collaborative Resources for Implementers
- You can join the Google Group for XDS implementers where developers seek help and share tips for implementing the XDS-related profiles.
- You can join the Google Group for PCC implementers where developers seek help and share tips for implementing the profiles in the PCC domain.
- You can review NA2010 ATNA implementation tips based on the model this year of using a CA to sign certificates.
Tools available for Internet Testing
Take this link: Internet MESA Tools to find Internet tools for:
- XDS Testing
- HL7 V2 and HL7 V3
- ATNA TLS Authentication: HL7 V2, DICOM, Syslog
Nov 2009: Configuration Entry
Dec 2009: Pre-Connectathon Internet Testing
We are offering a Pre-Connectathon Internet testing opportunity. This is optional testing, coordinated by Technical Project Managers, for systems testing PIX/PDQ/XDS profiles.
Internet testing dates/times:
- Tue Dec-8 9-11am CST: PIXv2 & PDQv2
- Thu Dec-10 9-11am CST: PIXv3 & PDQv3
- Tue Dec-15 9-11am CST: XDS.b & XDS-I.b Session 1
- Fri Dec-18 9-11am CST: XDS.b & XDS-I.b Session 2
Interested participants must sign up in advance. Details are contained in the following documents:
We will use the Geneva tool to send HL7v2 and v3 messages to facilitate internet testing.
- General information: Geneva
- URL for Geneva for December internet testing: http://ihe.wustl.edu:8080/
Dec 2009: Connectathon Preparation
To start Connectathon week prepared, there are technical tasks (eg configuration) you must complete before arriving in Chicago. Here is the documentation you need to complete those tasks before you ship your system. To determine which tasks are required for you, scan down the first 2 columns in the table to find the profiles/actors which match those implemented in your connectathon test system.
|Profile||Actor(s)||Your Required Task||Reference(s)||Deadline|
|All||All||Register your connectathon participants in the kudu tool||Connectathon-->Participant Registration||2009.12.01|
|All||All||Reserve hotel rooms at the Hyatt||Connectathon Logistics Overview document||2009.12.11|
|All||All||Complete Service Kit, including ordering Electrical Service for your table at the connectathon.||http://www.ihe.net/north_america/connectathon_2010_participants.cfm||2009.12.28|
|All||All||Read Connectathon Network description. This is a document that describes the network design.||Connectathon Network Description||2009.12.11|
|All||All||Review Connectathon Network details (DNS, netmask and more). Configure your system as necessary.||In Kudu under Configuration-->Network / Summary...||2009.12.11|
|All||All||Load your system with your partners' configuration information (eg. ports, URLs, DICOM AE Titles...)|| See Kudu under Configuration-->Network / Summary.... |
Refer to the configuration 'how to' summary: Enter and Confirm Configuration Information in Kudu
|ATNA||Secure Nodes, Secure Applications||Install your digital certificate on your system||See Kudu under Configuration-->Certificates||2009.10.31|
|ATNA||Secure Nodes, Secure Applications||Complete the ATNA Questionnaire and submit it with your pre-Connectathon results||http://ihewiki.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/MESA/Secure_Node#11106:_ATNA_--_Complete_Questionnaire||2009.12.1|
|PCC profiles||Content Creators||Test your documents against the schematron files used by the NIST CDA Guideline Validation Tool|| http://xreg2.nist.gov/cda-validation/downloads/IHE_PCC_ALL_20081223.tar.gz
...or from the download page at:
Please note that these schematron files check for conformance against IHE PCC rules only. Running XML documents through these schematron files will not check them against any Clinical Document Architecture Release 2 (CDA R2), Continuity of Care (CCD) or CDA For Common Document Types (CDA4CDT) rules which the PCC specifications may require.
|SWF, CATH, ECHO, STRESS, MAWF||ADT, OP, OF, MOD||Load HL7 & DICOM code tables onto your system.||http://ihewiki.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/Connectathon-Codes||2009.12.28|
|SWF, CATH, ECHO, STRESS, MAWF||ADT||Load demographics for these patients onto your system.||Connectathon Demograpics 2009-2010.xls||2009.12.28|
|XDS.b||Document Registry||Load demographics (Identifiers in Affinity Domain) for these patients onto your system.||Connectathon Demograpics 2009-2010.xls||2009.12.28|
|XDS.b||Doc Registries, Doc Sources, Doc Consumers||Load OIDs/Codes for XDS metadata onto your systems.||http://ihewiki.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/Connectathon-Codes||Prior to start of pre-connectathon testing, through the Connectathon|
|XCA||Gateways||Configure your system with your homeCommunityID OID||in kudu under Configuration-->XDS Codes / OIDS||2009.12.28|
|PIX, PIXv3, PDQ, PDQv3 with Pediatric Demo option||PIX Patient Identity Source or PDQ Supplier||Load these pediatric demographics for these patients onto your system.||Media:Connectathon_TwinUseCases.xls||2009.12.28|
|PIX, PIXv3||PIX Manager||Load demographics for these patients onto your system.||Connectathon Demograpics 2009-2010.xls||2009.12.28|
|PDQ, PDQv3||Patient Demog. Supplier||Load demographics for these patients onto your system.||Connectathon Demograpics 2009-2010.xls||2009.12.28|
|SVS||Value Set Repositories||Load these SVS-formatted code set onto your system.||ZIP file with connectathon codes in SVS format||2009.12.28|
|Radiology, Cardiology, ITI||all workflow actors||Read through full workflow tests to be run on Wed & Thur of connectathon week||Media:SWFPIR_workflow.doc Media:XDS_workflow.doc Media:ECHO_workflow.doc Media:STRESS_workflow.doc||prior to connectathon week|
Jan 11-15, 2010: Connectathon Week Survival
The Connectathon Managers define the Connectathon test process used during Connectathon week. It is based on the IHE Technical Frameworks, experience in the industry, and prior Connectathons.
This section lists supplemental documents you will need during the IHE North America 2010 Connectathon. These documents apply only to that connectathon.
- Assigned partners: Mon/Tue/Wed assigned partners for XDS.b, XDS-I.b, SWF, Consistent Time, XUA, and ATNA logging
- Where can I find a partner who is testing the XYZ option of profile ABC? NA2020 System Options 2009-12-23
- NA2010 Exception Matrix (will be updated as the week progresses): North America 2010: Exceptions to the 3 instance rule
- Connectathon Test Errata Changes in test description that are worth noting
- Who can help with the tools used at the connectathon?
- Description of tools provided by IHE at Connectathon
- Bill Majurski - Connectathon preparation for XDS participants
- Wed/Thurs Group test assignments: http://ihewiki.wustl.edu/wiki/index.php/Image:NA2010-group-assignments.xls
We maintain training material for both participants and monitors. The training is usually a description of how to use some of the tools you will need during the pre-Connectathon or Connectathon stages.
Multiple Email Lists
There are multiple email lists for participants in the IHE NA 2010 Connectathon. The event is large enough that a single email list is not particularly useful. Below is the list of Google Groups that we use to manage communication.
|http://groups.google.com/group/ihe-north-america-connectathon-2010||This is the main google group for announcements from Project Managers and Sponsors. It can also be used for participant questions, but please see the lists below. If you are an engineer participating in this event, you need to be included in this group. Not used for demonstration/show case traffic.|
|HIMSS Showcase||This is for announcements for the HIMSS 2010 Showcase. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe. Do not post Connectathon questions/directions here.|
|http://groups.google.com/group/ihepcdconnectathon||Focused Google Group for testing/demonstration of Patient Care Devices. Both demonstration and Connectathon testing.|
|http://groups.google.com/group/ihe-xds-implementors||Focused Google Group for implementation of XDS. No demonstration questions.|
|http://groups.google.com/group/ihe-pcc-implementors||Focused on implementation questions for PCC profiles. No demonstration questions.|