Internet MESA Tools
This page, first used for the NA2010 connectathon, provides resources for testing ATNA TLS and Logging requiremeents
Connectathon ATNA Cipher Test
The ATNA Cipher Test uses servers that are located at MIR. You need to do the following:
- Load the CA certificate used to sign the certs for the MIR servers. If you are testing for NA 2011, this is the same one used to sign your certificates. You should be ready to go.
- Determine which protocol you are testing. Refer to the section below to find the proper service. These are available now:
- These are coming soon
- HL7 V2
- HL7 V3
- DICOM 3.0
XDS.b testing is handled with the NIST tools. There is no Cipher test for that.
MIR/MESA Tools Available for Internet Testing
These MESA servers are available for Internet testing. There are these general areas
- Audit Repositories:
- I am now (2010.12.13) running three Audit Repositories, see the table below
- You can see the log files created by these: http://ihe-kudu.wustl.edu/mesa-logs
- In the mesa-logs folder, syslog_server_5425.log and syslog_server_5426.log refer to the RFC that defines transport
- In the mesa-logs/syslog folder, you will see a folder with your IP address (assuming you got through). In that folder, you should see a triplet of files for each message you sent:
- ...packet.txt is the full packet
- ...payload.txt is the payload, including the BOM
- ...payload.xml is the payload sans BOM
Our servers use a certificate that is signed. In order for you to connect to our serves, you will need the public key for the MIR Servers. We have also imported the public key for the Bordeaux systems. That means our servers should accept connections from Bordeaux and NA 2010 systems.
|ATNA Actor||Hostname||RFC Transport||Port Number||Cipher(s)|
|Audit Repository||ihe-kudu.wustl.edu||5425||4003 (TCP/TLS)||AES|
|Audit Repository||ihe-kudu.wustl.edu||5426||4001 (UDP)||NA|
|Audit Repository||ihe-kudu.wustl.edu||TCP only, no TLS (NOT a standard)||4002||NA|
You can examine log files using a web browser.