The MESA tests include a number of cases each of which rely on a sequence of messages between actors. These tests range across different integration profiles:
- Notification of Document Availability (NAV)
This document lists the transactions and messages for a number of cases. It may not describe the clinical scenario behind each case, but listing the transactions should clearly define what is expected of each actor. These are all of the transactions involving all of the actors. When you test with your particular actor, you may see only a subset of these messages.
Starting the MESA Servers
There are no MESA servers to start for this test.
Test Software Environment
Submission of Results
Test descriptions below inform the reader to “submit results to the Project Manager”. This is does not mean “email”. The current submission process should be documented by the Project Manager, but will not include emailing files directly to the Project Manager.
Test Cases NAV
This section describes test cases that are generally associated with the NAV Integration Profile. There may be some overlap with other profiles.
Test 12920: NAV Receiver Example
The purpose of this test is to examine if the Notification Receiver is able to render the NAV notification XML message. The Project Manager will visually inspect the message as displayed by receiver application.
1. Use the sample NAV notification xml message at $MESA_TARGET/mesa_tests/iti/nav/nav2005/nav2005-1.xml to email that notification to a local account.
2. Use your application to open the notification message and the take a screen cature.
3. Copy the screen capture to a file called SYSTEM_12920.txt where SYSYTEM identifies the system under test.
4. Submit the file to the Project Manager for visual inspection. There is no auto